Fiesta Seasoning adds just the right amount of flavor.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 5 – 7 minutes depending on your stove
Makes 12-13 cups
3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil or any high smoking point oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 Tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter (optional)
1/2 – 1 Teaspoon Fiesta Seasoning
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed stockpot.
- Once the oil is heated add three kernels of popcorn, cover the pot with the lid and wait for the three kernels to pop. Remove the three piece of popped corn.
- Add 1/2 cup of kernels to the pot, swirl to coat with oil. Put lid back on the pot leaving the lid slightly ajar to release steam, being careful not to leave too much room for the hot kernels to escape.
- Once the kernels start to pop shake the pan about every 20-30 seconds to keep the popped corn from burning.
- Remove the pot from heat when there is about 3 – 4 seconds between popping.
- Make a well in the center of the pot or tilt the pot sideways and add the butter to the bottom of the pan stirring until melted and the popcorn is coated. (I find that a wooden spoon works best)
- Add Fiesta seasoning and shake the pot a few times to mix.
- Eat popcorn!